14 August 2016
A recent meeting of NAV Executive Committee decided to revert back to paid membership. Last year free membership was promoted to attract members to NAV. This strategy helped NAV to become the largest organization of Nepalese citizens and people of Nepalese origin currently residing in Victoria, Australia. However expense for various support and awareness activities made us go back to paid membership model. The meeting decided a fee of $ 30 per member per two years.
WHY BE A NAV MEMBER?
- NAV will continue to advocate for our community interests, conduct various capacity building activities, promote Nepalese culture in Victoria and play further role in enhancing sporting activities in Victoria.
- Following successful programs on: Support and Networking Session for Student and Graduate nurses, Taxation and Small Business Support, Awareness program on Census, NAV is now gearing for exciting programs like Teej, Bal Diwas and Dashain/Tihar programs.
- NAV supports education of Nepalese language and culture to our new generation through Bal Chautari.
- NAV also intends to start programs to improve community awareness on family violence, promote leadership and political awareness on second generation Nepalese-Australian in the coming months.
- Other exciting programs are underway. NAV will soon announce a program for students and new migrants on CV preparation and interview skills training with the help of highly experienced professionals. NAV members will be prioritized on this recurring event which will have limited number of spots due to the nature of the program.
- NAV is your organization and NAV’s ability to serve the community depends on your membership and support. A bigger organization will have stronger lobbying power with other agencies including government bodies.
PLEASE NOTE THOSE WHO HAVE ACQUIRED FREE MEMBERSHIP WILL NOT BE AFFECTED AND THEIR MEMBERSHIP WILL RUN FOR 2 YEARS FROM THE START DATE OF THEIR MEMBERSHIP.
Please click here to become a NAV member.
Once you complete the membership form, you can make a payment of $30 to the following account.
Account Name: Nepalese Association of Victoria
A/c no: 353917105